Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Product Syntax Variable

Level 1

Hi

I work on a large eCommerce platform, we have recently installed a new feature on the site that provides recommended products to a user e.g. "Customers who viewed these products ultimately bought"

I want to both track cart ads from this feature and impressions of the feature to determine my add to basket rate. There are multiple different recommendations strategies

- "Customers who viewed these products ultimately bought"

- "Customers who searched for this also viewed"

- ect

Right now i have eVar31 set up to fire the strategy name (Customers who viewed these products ultimately bought) on the product string as a products syntax variable. This is working fine

Currently for the impression of the feature loading on the page I have eVar31 also set up as a conversion variable again firing the strategy name and then an event to denote the impression. However this is not working. I think this is because I have it set up as a conversion variable, where the report is only accepting a product syntax variable, hence why cart ads is working and not the impressions

So I'm thinking my options are

1. Set up eVar31 as a conversion variable and pass the strategy name on the cart add as a conversion variable. But I'm not sure this is the right approach since i do want to relate eVar31 to my product data

2. Set up the impression to fire as a product syntax variable also and fire a dummy product string with no data, this again doesn't seem right

3. Fire the impression data into some other eVar e.g. eVar32

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Richard, all 3 of your proposed solutions would be viable and would resolve your issue. You should go with whichever one makes the most sense for your organization.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Richard, all 3 of your proposed solutions would be viable and would resolve your issue. You should go with whichever one makes the most sense for your organization.