Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
SOLVED

Product Grid Limits

Level 1

Hi All,

I need to track a product grid CTR in an ecommerce site and I'll use s.products and merchandising evars to specify the coordinates on the grid as follows:

event 1 for impressions and 4 for clicks.

"s.events=""event1"";
s.products="";ProdID1;;;;evar55=Row1-Slot1,
   ;ProdID2;;;;evar55=Row1-Slot2,
   ;ProdID3;;;;evar55=Row1-Slot3,
   ;ProdID4;;;;evar55=Row2-Slot1,
   ;ProdID5;;;;evar55=Row2-Slot2,
   ;ProdID6;;;;evar55=Row2-Slot3,etc...”;;ProdID41;;;;evar55=Row3-Slot3,"

Subsequent clicks:

s.events=”event4”;s.products=”;ProdID1;;;;evar55=Row1-Slot1”;

Is there a limit on the number of coordinates that I can create? Also, the default product grid shows 16 products, and has a call to action to load 16 additional products. Should I create a big enough grid to account to all possible products? should any sort of pagination be useful?

Thanks!

R

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The limit you're going to run into is image request characters on IE - anything beyond 2083 bytes will be truncated. The products variable itself is technically unlimited, although report suites with extremely long product strings tend to be more vulnerable to latency.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The limit you're going to run into is image request characters on IE - anything beyond 2083 bytes will be truncated. The products variable itself is technically unlimited, although report suites with extremely long product strings tend to be more vulnerable to latency.