Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Product Finding Method

Level 2

Hello Dears,

I have an issue with product finding method it's not counting the orders and the revenue.

Can you help me on that

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Yes it would impact numbers.

Regards

Devinder

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3

You could check...

Your eVar setting maybe set to 1st touch, or something in your cart funnel is triggering another product referral to overwrite the order.  

You could confirm by...

Looking at participation or linear order metrics.  

The number of orders attributed to external natural referrals maybe equal to total orders/revenue for the time period you're looking at.

Level 5

Hi

Could you please attache screenshot of debugger with product string and events.

Regards

Devinder

Level 2

The problem that I faced not with the the of the eVar on the debugger it's with report of the product finding method all the product finding methods orders are zeros expect external natural referrals .

The attached is requested screen shot. 

I really appreciate your help  

Level 5

Hi

To capture revenue, it is very important to set purchase event with the product string. Purchase event should be set on confirmation page where user get the confirmation (success) page of his/her transaction with respect to the purchase.

Product view (prodview) event does no;t conclude to the revenue , where it will just demonstrate how many times this specific product has been viewed by the user.

Please refer to the http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/event_purchase.html.

Regards

Devinder

Level 2

Thanks Devinder for your input, we are firing purchase event at checkout thank you page as any other event, not with product string does that effect the numbers, because most of the orders and revenue are under "Unknown Time of Purchase".

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Rami

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Yes it would impact numbers.

Regards

Devinder