Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Product Classification Browser Upload Not Updating Values

Level 1

Hi,

Looking for some feedback on a challenge I have. I have made changes to a classified piece of data. For sake of example, lets say the key value is "abc_123" (which is unique) and the column next to it is used for Name. The name was "cool2021" and I now I want to change the name to "awesome2021". I'm doing a browser import, and in my import file the name now shows as "awesome2021". I upload the new file version, wait several days and the name still shows as "cool2021". Also I'm not checking the overwrite data on conflicts option. Whenever I export the product classification it shows "cool2021" too.

Does anyone know why the name is not updating? Is it because I'm not checking the "overwrite" option? I was under the assumption that the values would update to whatever the latest file says. Please enlighten me!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

If you're changing a classified value you should select the "Overwrite on Conflicts" option. There's a warning on that page for selecting that checkbox, so you'll want to be sure you're only uploading the rows you want changed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

If you're changing a classified value you should select the "Overwrite on Conflicts" option. There's a warning on that page for selecting that checkbox, so you'll want to be sure you're only uploading the rows you want changed.

Level 1
I may have inadvertently marked this as solved. However, I hope this is the case!

Level 1
I may have inadvertently marked this as solved. However, I hope this is the case! Lets say I have 10 classified values, and I only want to change 1 and don't want to affect the others, does that mean the next file I upload would only consist of that 1 value?

Level 4
Yes, to be safe, only update the rows which you need to overwrite.