Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

PROD Report suite data missing

Level 2

Hi Team , 

We have a Issue,  Adobe production Report suite not collecting the date after succssful live . Where as same data collected in dev environment . We investigated everything looks fine like timesstamp , Currency code configured etc . But no idea how to debug further . Have raised support ticket got a suggestion as below ,

It looks like you're trying to use a non-existent 1st party cookie.
I got this by going to the page, opening the developer tools for the browser, and going to the console tab, and you see an error with the certificate.
Check to see which cookie you're using and that's likely the issue.

But we are not using any cookies as per the implementation .

any suggestion would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1. Check which adobe launch library is loaded in production. If you dev report suite is getting the data then either you did not configure correct report suite in adobe analytics extension or wrong environment is loaded in production for adobe launch. I believe if you type _satellite.environment you should see which environment is being loaded. Also check _satellite.property to make sure correct property is loaded. Finally check _satellite.buildInfo to check when the library was last build, should give you an indication is it is same timestamp as in adobe launch. All of the commands should be done in your browser developer console.

2. In the browser developer tools go to network tab and filter by b/ss. This should show you all adobe analytics requests. Notice that in the path of the adobe analytics server call you should see which report suite was used. The request should be successful

3. If request is being sent with correct report suite, I would advise you to extract raw data using data feed and look for exclude_hit column for your hits and see if it is being excluded for some reasons.

4. Are you trying to use a CNAME for your tracking server ? CNAME will require you to upload certificates on Adobe side and your side for it to work. If CNAME is not configured use the third party one: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/config-vars/trackingserver.htm... 

If you cannot find the root cause of issue, please provide URL of your site and we can have a look for you.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Check #1 did you use correct header footer code for DEV vs PROD.

DO you happen to use this in your code base?

var s_account ='YOURDOMAIN'

This could make your data be directed to wrong RSID.

The network debugger is typically the way to go though there see what is being sent in beacon output.

Level 2

@Pablo_Childe  header and footer scirpt has been placed correctly . No issue found with the script 

Community Advisor

ok this may sound totally counter intuitive. Can you code in launch to main Adobe extension script, make an edit, save then undo edit and save then republish.

Sometimes it can be a weird thing like this to refresh a pushing cache error.

Community Advisor

Are you saying that in your live website, the tracking data is going to your dev report suite instead of your prod report suite?

Level 2

@yuhuisg  No Dev environment taraking looks good Dev Report suite . But PROD data collection having issue .

Community Advisor

@Mr_Moorthi thanks for sharing the URLs. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I can see the data going to the PROD report suite.

Screenshot 2022-06-21 172720.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1. Check which adobe launch library is loaded in production. If you dev report suite is getting the data then either you did not configure correct report suite in adobe analytics extension or wrong environment is loaded in production for adobe launch. I believe if you type _satellite.environment you should see which environment is being loaded. Also check _satellite.property to make sure correct property is loaded. Finally check _satellite.buildInfo to check when the library was last build, should give you an indication is it is same timestamp as in adobe launch. All of the commands should be done in your browser developer console.

2. In the browser developer tools go to network tab and filter by b/ss. This should show you all adobe analytics requests. Notice that in the path of the adobe analytics server call you should see which report suite was used. The request should be successful

3. If request is being sent with correct report suite, I would advise you to extract raw data using data feed and look for exclude_hit column for your hits and see if it is being excluded for some reasons.

4. Are you trying to use a CNAME for your tracking server ? CNAME will require you to upload certificates on Adobe side and your side for it to work. If CNAME is not configured use the third party one: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/config-vars/trackingserver.htm... 

If you cannot find the root cause of issue, please provide URL of your site and we can have a look for you.

Level 2

@Alexis_Cazes_  @yuhuisg  Thanks for the Brif explanation it's Really Helpful .

I have verified all the scenario and somehow data is getting PROD report Suite. But it doesn't look like any of the evars/props are populated in Workspace , the out of the box data is coming in .

Note : We dont have any access related issue. Have all required Permission.

Mr_Moorthi_0-1655823544488.png

Community Advisor

This leads me to believe that those props and evars may not have been defined or on in prod.

Can you check in Admin section report suites, are the props and evars defined? and enabled as on?

Community Advisor

If data is sent to the report suite and is partially recorded then you can check the following:

• In the admin section under report suite, select your production report suite and check if eVars and props are configured correctly and enabled.
  • If they are configured correctly then there might be some additional processing that overwrites your values.