Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Problem with same ItemIDs passed in Python code

Level 1

Hello

I am writing a Python code to extract data from Adobe Analytics via the standard API calls. My requirement is to extract data like impressions, clicks, page views etc., broken by few dimensions. 

When I pass the metrics in the metricContainer however I am getting this error: 

{"errorCode":"invalid_data","errorDescription":"Request contained multiple filters with id=0","errorId":"a072dedc-120c-45b7-8d94-5e4f9c20900a"}

I know the error but I don't know how to handle this. If I cannot have multiple filters with same ID value of "zero" how can I handle such situations?

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hello. I tried in Swagger UI earlier but I thought this complete code may not be suitable to run in the entire Swagger UI. Please find below the request body. 

body1_ind4 = {
'rsid': client,
'globalFilters': [{'type': 'dateRange', 'dateRange': date_str}],
'metricContainer': {
'metrics': [{"id": "metrics/visits", "filters": [il1, il2, il3]},
{"id": "metrics/pageviews", "filters": [il1, il2, il3]},
{"id": "metrics/revenue", "filters": [il1, il2, il3]},
{"id": "metrics/event42", "filters": [il1, il2, il3]},
{"id": "metrics/itemtimespent", "filters": [il1, il2, il3]},
{"id": "metrics/units", "filters": [il1, il2, il3]},
{"id": "metrics/orders", "filters": [il1, il2, il3]},
{"id": "metrics/event6", "filters": [il1, il2, il3]},
{"id": "metrics/visitors", "filters": [il1, il2, il3]}],
"metricFilters": [
{"id": il2, "type": "breakdown", "dimension": "variables/searchenginenatural","itemId": il2},
{"id": il3, "type": "breakdown", "dimension": "variables/campaign","itemId": il3},
{"id": il1, "type": "breakdown", "dimension": "variables/daterangeday","itemId": il1}
]},
'dimension': 'variables/referringdomain',
"settings": {"dimensionSort": "asc","countRepeatInstances": False}
}

I believe if the values of il2 and il3 are same and equal to zero the error throws out. I am not sure why two itemIds can have the same values in Adobe Analytics.

Regards

Krishna

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

@kkrishna_hyd  Before executing the API in Python I will suggest you try it in Swagger API so that you can manipulate the requests easily and get the desired result.

https://adobedocs.github.io/analytics-2.0-apis/

From the error you are getting it seems like you are using multiple filters in metrics container for a particular metric id object. I will suggest to try in the above link and modify the request accordingly. If not solved than provide a sample request body which you sending to the endpoint.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hello. I tried in Swagger UI earlier but I thought this complete code may not be suitable to run in the entire Swagger UI. Please find below the request body. 

body1_ind4 = {
"metricFilters": [
{"id": il2, "type": "breakdown", "dimension": "variables/searchenginenatural","itemId": il2},
{"id": il3, "type": "breakdown", "dimension": "variables/campaign","itemId": il3},
{"id": il1, "type": "breakdown", "dimension": "variables/daterangeday","itemId": il1}
]},
}

I believe if the values of il2 and il3 are same and equal to zero the error throws out. I am not sure why two itemIds can have the same values in Adobe Analytics.

Regards

Krishna

Level 1

body1_ind4 = {
"metric Filters": [
]},
}

Regards

Krishna

Employee

I would suggest running the desired report in Adobe Analytics Workspace, open Workspace Debugger, copy the curl request and convert it to Python code (using Postman).