Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Previous page tracking

Level 2

Hi, 

I am working on the tracking of the previous page. 

I am not getting the tracking of it. How can I check in the web developpers if the Adobe cookies related to this tracking are in place ?

Thanks

Sophie

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Just to clarify, are you using:

1. getPreviousValue plugin to store the pageName value in a cookie like gpv_Page? (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/getpreviousvalue.html?...)

2. Are you trying to see Activity Map's information for "previous page" (context variable a.activitymap.page)

For 1, you should can check all the cookies in Chrome using the "Application" tab in the Web Developer toolbar. On the left side, you will see different storage types: Local Storage, Session Storage, Cookies, etc. 

Click on Cookies, then here you will see a list of domains (you will likely have values for your ad servers), choose your domain... the getPreviousPage should be setting values using first party behaviour. 

You will see a list of all your cookies, but you can filter these down by typing in expected  name or value information.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Just to clarify, are you using:

1. getPreviousValue plugin to store the pageName value in a cookie like gpv_Page? (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/getpreviousvalue.html?...)

2. Are you trying to see Activity Map's information for "previous page" (context variable a.activitymap.page)

For 1, you should can check all the cookies in Chrome using the "Application" tab in the Web Developer toolbar. On the left side, you will see different storage types: Local Storage, Session Storage, Cookies, etc. 

Click on Cookies, then here you will see a list of domains (you will likely have values for your ad servers), choose your domain... the getPreviousPage should be setting values using first party behaviour. 

You will see a list of all your cookies, but you can filter these down by typing in expected  name or value information.

Level 2

Hi, I am using the case #2.

Thanks for the details to find the cookies values. Got them.