Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

POST and GET method in Adobe Analytics

Level 3

Sura30_0-1700465559823.png

Hi everyone , I usually notice we used to get pageview call with the method GET but here in my website we are getting POST  method .

Also one more iisssue , in some pages we are getting 2 pageview call one with POST and other one with GET .

Can anyone please explain me , what it is exactly, how this  can be resolved ? Which one we are supposed to get and will they reflect in analytics? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SA30,

Usually, this happens automatically when the data the analytics network call is trying to capture exceeds 2047 bytes size. It turns from a GET method call to a POST method.

The two calls tou are getting, one GET and one POST, have a look at the data being captured. GET call would have much lesser data being captured through it. As for which one would reflect, look at the status of the network call, if both are 200 then both network call data will reflect. You might need to look into why you are getting two calls.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SA30,

Usually, this happens automatically when the data the analytics network call is trying to capture exceeds 2047 bytes size. It turns from a GET method call to a POST method.

The two calls tou are getting, one GET and one POST, have a look at the data being captured. GET call would have much lesser data being captured through it. As for which one would reflect, look at the status of the network call, if both are 200 then both network call data will reflect. You might need to look into why you are getting two calls.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Community Advisor

Yes, this is it. When your requests get large, they switch to Post method to ensure that data truncation doesn't occur. This is normal behaviour.