Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Possible to request longer refresh token period for Adobe APIs?

Level 1

Is there a way to request an oauth refresh token that lasts longer than two weeks?

We had been using the oauth method to get some great stats from Adobe Analytics about campaign tracking, but then found out that the tokens expire 'by default' after two weeks (https://www.adobe.io/authentication/auth-methods.html#!AdobeDocs/adobeio-auth/master/OAuth/OAuth.md).  Refresh token grants for Google Analytics last until they are withdrawn by the client or the issuer, so it seems odd that isn't offered by Adobe. 

I am aware of the JWT method for service to service interactions, but the way it has to be implemented it isn't particularly scalable for us and requires too much from the client - the oauth process is much more typical for our required workflow.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @upliftertom, There is no way to increase the OAuth token expiration, instead the JWT token is designed for service interactions that have an expiration of a year.

In this case, it completely depends upon the third-party vendor which token has been utilized for the login. I would request you to connect with Google and check if it's possible for them to integrate JWT instead of OAuth with the application.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @upliftertom, There is no way to increase the OAuth token expiration, instead the JWT token is designed for service interactions that have an expiration of a year.

In this case, it completely depends upon the third-party vendor which token has been utilized for the login. I would request you to connect with Google and check if it's possible for them to integrate JWT instead of OAuth with the application.

Hope this helps!

Level 1

Ah, that's disappointing- it's a bit irritating for our clients to have to reconnect every two weeks to see their Adobe Analytics data in our tool.

A year is better than asking them to reconnect every two weeks - do you know if it would be possible to get an auth token to gain access to the api, and then use the api to set up the JWT integration to our app? That way the client doesn't have to go through all the steps to create an integration in the UI. 

We don't always work with clients with knowledge of the adobe IO console, and there are a lot of steps that would be on them to complete for the JWT flow.