Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Passing Real-Time Data from CRM Database to SiteCat

Level 2

It is possible to pass real-time data from SalesForce CRM / Microsoft dynamics to SiteCat. Don't want to use data sources as this do not happen in real-time.

Can a SiteCat hard-coded beacon constructed manually in the back-end to pull this information through custom variables directly to SiteCat in real-time?

Or is there any other way to achieve this? Please help!

*Please note that there is no screen change involved here 

Please also let me know on usage of Demand base. Can it act as a middlemen to connect Salesforce.com data into SiteCat in real-time.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kamal,

You've got a few different options here. As you mentioned, Data Sources require some processing time and are often set up as a nightly feed, so I'll skip that one.

A hard-coded beacon could certainly be set up to push data into Adobe Analytics in real time. Depending on your options for client-side code that can be added to the CRM interface, you may be able to use a standard JavaScript beacon. You can head to Admin > Code Manager to see all the different languages that are available to send data to Adobe (in addition to a hard-coded img beacon). JS, Java, PHP, Silverlight, .NET, IIS, and more are listed there.

Another option would be to leverage our Data Insertion API. This is processed just as quickly as a standard analytics beacon, so it meets your requirement for real time. It's a RESTful API, and there is LOTS of great info on it here: https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/documentation/data-insertion/c-data-insertion-api

Regarding Demandbase - I'm not sure that I'm following. Are your customers logging into your Salesforce instance? You may alreayd know this, but Demandbase leverages an IP-based reverse lookup, so Demandbase would report on the company associated with the visitor to Salesforce.com. For example, if I have my own instance of Salesforce, with Demandbase reverse-lookup enabled on it, and my customer at Widgets R Us logs into my Salesforce instance from their office, then Demandbase would report on Widgets R Us. I hope that helps!

- Eric

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kamal,

You've got a few different options here. As you mentioned, Data Sources require some processing time and are often set up as a nightly feed, so I'll skip that one.

A hard-coded beacon could certainly be set up to push data into Adobe Analytics in real time. Depending on your options for client-side code that can be added to the CRM interface, you may be able to use a standard JavaScript beacon. You can head to Admin > Code Manager to see all the different languages that are available to send data to Adobe (in addition to a hard-coded img beacon). JS, Java, PHP, Silverlight, .NET, IIS, and more are listed there.

Another option would be to leverage our Data Insertion API. This is processed just as quickly as a standard analytics beacon, so it meets your requirement for real time. It's a RESTful API, and there is LOTS of great info on it here: https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/documentation/data-insertion/c-data-insertion-api

Regarding Demandbase - I'm not sure that I'm following. Are your customers logging into your Salesforce instance? You may alreayd know this, but Demandbase leverages an IP-based reverse lookup, so Demandbase would report on the company associated with the visitor to Salesforce.com. For example, if I have my own instance of Salesforce, with Demandbase reverse-lookup enabled on it, and my customer at Widgets R Us logs into my Salesforce instance from their office, then Demandbase would report on Widgets R Us. I hope that helps!

- Eric