Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Paid search segment

Level 3

Can anyone tell me how to find out if a form submission was received by a paid search or organic search? How do I create a segment for paid search? Do I need to apply Search engine = paid or paid search = paid as part of the rule in the segment?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

As long as you've set up paid search detection rules, the segment rule 'paid search = paid' should work great.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 5

Do you have the processing rules for marketing channels set up? Create Marketing Channel processing rules

If you do, you can break down all form submissions (however you have this tracked: event, pageview, etc.) by the last touch channel. This would tell you, of the form submissions, how many came via natural search, paid search, etc.

If you wanted to create a segment, you would use the same dimension, i.e. visits or hits where the last touch channel = paid search.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

As long as you've set up paid search detection rules, the segment rule 'paid search = paid' should work great.