Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Paid Search Marketing channel even after excluding tracking codes

Level 2

Hi All,

We have created a HIT level segment for our organic traffic and excluded all those HITS where tracking codes exists.

But  even after that we are getting Paid Search as Marketing channel when we are breaking down new segment by Marketing channel.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

It would help to see the segment definition, but my assumption is that you're seeing Paid Search because of the persistence (expiration) of the marketing channel report (default setting is 30 days, I believe). Either that, or you're looking at visits/visitors who have encountered multiple marketing channels during the reporting window and your segment isn't set up to properly exclude what you think it's excluding.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

It would help to see the segment definition, but my assumption is that you're seeing Paid Search because of the persistence (expiration) of the marketing channel report (default setting is 30 days, I believe). Either that, or you're looking at visits/visitors who have encountered multiple marketing channels during the reporting window and your segment isn't set up to properly exclude what you think it's excluding.