Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Pages with 0 hits / "graveyard" pages

Level 1

I have been asked to implement something similar to this: Web analytics: Find your graveyard pages with no visitors

Would it be fairly straightforward to iterate through URLs to find hit counts via Report Builder? Or is there a better way?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can do it by report builder (or whatever "matching" tool you like to compare page names).

i would do the following first:

1) new workspace project with time range of last month (or whatever is suitable for your graveyard definition)

2) add "page" as dimension and "page views" as metric

3) add a second column with "page views" and a long time range (eg. 3 years). order asc by this col

this will show you all pages that had at least one page view in the long time range - hopefully all graveyard pages had at least one hit and shiw up at the top of the report ...

faster than report builder and manual comparison, but not complete ...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can do it by report builder (or whatever "matching" tool you like to compare page names).

i would do the following first:

1) new workspace project with time range of last month (or whatever is suitable for your graveyard definition)

2) add "page" as dimension and "page views" as metric

3) add a second column with "page views" and a long time range (eg. 3 years). order asc by this col

this will show you all pages that had at least one page view in the long time range - hopefully all graveyard pages had at least one hit and shiw up at the top of the report ...

faster than report builder and manual comparison, but not complete ...

Level 1

Thanks! This is really helpful, and probably will catch nearly all of them, if not all.