Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Page for Comparison for New Campaign Never Done Before

Level 2

Can you compare a new page for a brand new campaign never done before? The page brings most traffic from Online Advertising from a specific timeframe. However, this campaign was never ran before. How would you suggest to go about this?

In my opinion, i would compare the visits and engagement since launch date and compare to overall with those same timeframes. While also looking at the engagement per channel.

Any ideas on what would work?

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Do your other campaigns all go to different pages as well?

While you probably won't have an even traffic split, you could create segments that look at the flow for Campaign A, Campaign B, Campaign C, and your new Campaign X, etc... or if you have too many campaigns to look a them all, you could do "all existing campaigns" vs the new Campaign X.

I would calculate out the % of traffic to your Campaign X vs the other campaigns (either individually or as a whole). Then yes, as you suggested, I would get stats for the comparisons based on visits, engagements, conversions, etc....

Then I would look at the various metrics against the traffic to each group.

For instance, let's look at Conversions....

If Campaign A brought in 50% of traffic, Campaign B brought in 20% of traffic, and the new Campaign X brought in 30% of traffic, then you look at your conversions... obviously conversions will be a subset of the traffic that came to each campaign.

You can obviously pull in conversions per campaign, but you can also do some math to see which has the best conversion rate (conversions over traffic).

You should be able to do other such calculations to see how your campaigns are working... and I'm sure once you start pulling some numbers, you will think of some new calculations to pull to see more in depth engagement.

Good Luck