Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Orders and Units metric data capturing double/triple value for some orders

Level 2

Hello all,
I am facing a issue regarding capturing the Orders and Units metric data properly.
For some orders (not for all, some are perfectly capturing correct data), for an OrderId, Orders value is showing as 2/3 instead of 1, Units is showing as double i.e if I have ordered 2 units, its showing as 4, like that.

banerjee_pritha_omds_0-1674827930079.png

We are using:

1. Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK extension in tag manager
  2. Adobe Client Data Layer extension in tag manager
  3. Schema, Datastreams
  4. Magento/2.4 (Enterprise)
  5. Experience Platform Connector Magento Extension
  6. Adobe Experience Platform Debugger

If anyone can help and guide me to solve this, that would be very great.
Thanks in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

I would first go back to your actual tagging.. This looks like your analytics may be firing twice, possibly due to timing conditions during your purchase flow?

When/How are you triggering your Order? You might need to check with your developers what the purchase flow is doing?

For instance, let's say your trigger is on DOM Ready... if the developers have a page load, then reload to maybe show the confirmation to the user, you might be triggering the tracking twice for the order...

Without seeing the flow and seeing the behaviours, it will be very hard for us to diagnose...

Adobe does have a special dimension for PurchaseID which is designed to de-duplicate repeated order ids....

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/purchaseid.html?lang...

If you look in the configuration of the Revenue, Orders and Units events, you will see they have this configuration:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1675013171857.png

This means that if you pass your order id to "PurchaseID", then if your tracking happens to send it twice, the second time will be ignored as a duplicate.

These purchaseIDs are for all time, so be sure that they are unique.

If you use this, at least you shouldn't see duplicate orders in your data... but if you are still concerned about sending duplicate server calls; you can still dig into testing your flows and try to figure out what is causing the extra tracking in some cases (but that will be a deep dive testing effort).