Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Omniture coding campaigns

Level 1

I work with a hotel chain and we are using Omniture for our analytic needs .

We are Omniture coding certain offers which we advertise on social media or display advertising

I need few quick clarifications about the tracking process from you:

-Does Omniture record conversions only if the room booking happened in the same instance as the click ?

-Or does it have a window period like 30 days or so? Which would essentially mean that someone clicked on the coded url , didn’t make the purchase in that same instance. After few days the person searched for the offer on google , came to the website and bought my offer. Will this conversion be attributed to the coded url as well or to Google search  or to both?

How to better attribute the value of a conversion to a social media or a display advertisement?

Request you to please give a direct answer rather than redirecting me to readin material or FAQ's section.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Nitin, 

The Channels Overview Report gives you First and Last Touch Visits. You also can have a look at the Last Touch Channel Report, and break any Last Touch Channel down by First Touch Channel. If you haven't set the Marketing Channels Report up, you definitely want to do that. Here's an excellent article about it: http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/whats-the-buzz-behind-the-marketing-channel-report...

Another nice one is to enable Pathing for your Tracking Code in the Admin Console > Traffic Variables. This will give you access to nice extra's as 'Next Tracking Code Flow' 'Previous Tracking Code Flow' and many, many more. Worth doing.

Best,

Harry

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Nitin, 

The Channels Overview Report gives you First and Last Touch Visits. You also can have a look at the Last Touch Channel Report, and break any Last Touch Channel down by First Touch Channel. If you haven't set the Marketing Channels Report up, you definitely want to do that. Here's an excellent article about it: http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/whats-the-buzz-behind-the-marketing-channel-report...

Another nice one is to enable Pathing for your Tracking Code in the Admin Console > Traffic Variables. This will give you access to nice extra's as 'Next Tracking Code Flow' 'Previous Tracking Code Flow' and many, many more. Worth doing.

Best,

Harry

Level 1

I cannot locate the "Channel Overview Report" Where can i find it? If i have to set i up, the link says set it up from admin console, but i cant locate that either. Can you pls help

Level 2

- What version of Omniture are you on? Should see it when you login.

Level 1

I can't figure out the version no. , i have attached a snapshot. Can you pls let me know?

Level 2

Everything looks excellent for you site. The Marketing Channel Report is the only one I know of who combines first and last touch in one view. You should ask someone with Admin rights to set it up for you.

If you have Admin rights yourself, just type in Report Suites in the Search Box. If you are at the Report Suites go to edit settings > marketing channels.

Also try in the search box, just to be sure, a search for first touch channel. If anything has been setup you should find it.

Level 1

When i search for "report suites" in the box, i cant fnd it. Only options available are report builder and report settings.

I cant find "first touch channel" in the search box as well.

Employee Advisor

Hi Nitin, it sounds like you haven't set up Marketing Channels yet. I'd recommend reading through this so you can begin getting value from these reports:

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/mchannel/c_getting_started_mchannel.html