Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

#of Form submits [e8] metric usage in API 1.4 standard type report

Level 2

Hello!

I'm creating a report with source=standard using API 1.4. The report request looks as follows:

"reportDescription": {
"reportSuiteID": "myReportSuite",
"dateFrom": "2023-07-09",
"dateTo": "2023-07-11",
"dateGranularity": "day",
"source": "standard",
"breakdownType":"subrelation",
"segments": [],
"metrics": [
    {"id": "mobileinstalls"},
    {"id": "event8"},
    {"id": "totaltimespent"},
    {"id": "visits"}
],
"elements": [
    {"id": "page"},
    {"id": "geocountry"},
    {"id": "operatingsystemtype"},
    {"id": "lasttouchchannel"}
],
}
}

I've found out all values in event8 (#of Form submits [e8]) metric are empty (equal to 0). If I'm generating this report through Adobe Analytics UI this metric looks good with some meaningful values. 

Does anyone know why event8 (#of Form submits [e8]) metric behavior is so weird in API 1.4 report?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Possibly due to you using the "page" metric, which isn't included on Actions

Page Views (s.t calls) have pageName

Actions / Clicks (s.tl calls) while they send pageName, the pageName is removed from the final result... in the data the inclusion of pageName or pageUrl indicate to Adobe to increment the page view metric... and since you don't want page views inflated by actions, both of those are removed...

A lot of users set up a Hit expiry eVar (or a prop) to send the Page Name in, so that they can see this value on page views and actions alike... Do you have a custom dimension like that, that you can try instead of "page" in your API call...  you can always add a custom page name dimension later, but if you have something else that you can use? Maybe even custom link (not sure the API name of that), but custom link value should be on all actions....

Good Luck

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Possibly due to you using the "page" metric, which isn't included on Actions

Page Views (s.t calls) have pageName

Actions / Clicks (s.tl calls) while they send pageName, the pageName is removed from the final result... in the data the inclusion of pageName or pageUrl indicate to Adobe to increment the page view metric... and since you don't want page views inflated by actions, both of those are removed...

A lot of users set up a Hit expiry eVar (or a prop) to send the Page Name in, so that they can see this value on page views and actions alike... Do you have a custom dimension like that, that you can try instead of "page" in your API call...  you can always add a custom page name dimension later, but if you have something else that you can use? Maybe even custom link (not sure the API name of that), but custom link value should be on all actions....

Good Luck

Level 2

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan,
Thanks a lot for your answer!

I followed your recommendation and removed "Page" dimension from the report. Now event8 (#of Form submits [e8]) metric values are displayed properly.

Will check if we have some custom dimension you proposed (like Hit expiry eVar) to get page names as a workaround. 

P.S.

I created another thread https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/can-i-use-total-time-spen... 
I would be very grateful if you could suggest something on this. This is the same report request but the source=warehouse.