Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multi Metric segmentation

Level 3

Hello everyone, 

I'm if you all knew of a way to create segmentation or a complicated metric that allows us to see rows of a dimension that performs well for multiple metric columns.  

Example: 

In 1 table, I would like to see something like: "show me URL's that have greater than a 500 visit daily avg, 100 or more form complete impact (participation+visits), and have at least a 2% CR impact or higher to form complete.  

here is a concept picture: 

Damonwhall_0-1698246716603.png

The issue, is that if I up-prioritize one column, the other metrics are usually flipped.  It doesn't seem to allow visibility in a single view.  

A scatter plot helps with this visually, but you cannot right click items out of the plot and create a segment out of it or a metric.  

Thoughts?

2 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

You should be able to do this with a calculated metric. If you use multiple if statements, you can put each of the conditions in there, and have it output a score based on if it meets the conditions. It would look something like this

[if URL's > 5000

then 1

else 0]

+

[If complete impact > 100

then 1 

else 0]

+

[if CR > 2%

then1

else 0]

What this does is it tests each requirement individually, and if it meets the criteria it adds 1 to the score for the metric. If all three criteria are met, the metric will have a value of "3". Add that metric as a column to your table and then sort by it - items that meet all three conditions will have a score of 3 and be at the top. Items that meet 2 of the 3 conditions would be listed next, and then items with only 1 (or 0) at the bottom. 

Community Advisor

Yep, I second this... it's a bit of a hack solution, but using a calculated metric is the only way to really get values that are above a specific threshold.. sadly, the other rows will still show, but at least they can be sorted to the bottom where they are easier to ignore.