Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Most combination for a search form ?

Level 4

Hello,

I have a question.

I would like to find out the most common combination for a search form that consists of several values.

Evar20
Evar21

Evar22
Evar23
Evar24

I want a combination of:

Evar20
Evar21
Evar22

Find out.

1. e.g. ice search

Color : Evar20 { red,blue, orange, yellow}

Size: Evar21 {10,15,20,25,30,35}

Shape:Evar22 {waffle, cup}

Is there a way to find out with existing data?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

that looks as either a job for excel/raw data or change in the tracking setup...

excel with warehouse export:

export data using data wharehouse where you break down by desired dimensions.  this way you would get line items like "red|15|waffle|1" where the last number is your selected metric. use excel to sort by the metric...

change setup:

I would recommend that you weite the values all in one evar (either choose a new one or skip the existing 3 ones), especially if they really belong together (such as filter options).

to get the single dimensions you can still use clasifications (with regex rule builder) to split them apart for reporting. but having the values all in one evar would allow to show the top values directly in reports or workspace.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

that looks as either a job for excel/raw data or change in the tracking setup...

excel with warehouse export:

export data using data wharehouse where you break down by desired dimensions.  this way you would get line items like "red|15|waffle|1" where the last number is your selected metric. use excel to sort by the metric...

change setup:

I would recommend that you weite the values all in one evar (either choose a new one or skip the existing 3 ones), especially if they really belong together (such as filter options).

to get the single dimensions you can still use clasifications (with regex rule builder) to split them apart for reporting. but having the values all in one evar would allow to show the top values directly in reports or workspace.

Level 4

Hello, Urs,

thank you.

I thought there might be an internal variable that contains all that.

I'll have to create a new variable.

Beste Grüße

Vitali