Expand my Community achievements bar.

Missing Success Events in Workspace

Level 1

In the past week I implemented a few new events. These were setup in the admin section with the correct type and all other settings selected. The event was configured in the ACDL and tracked as a click. I verified that the correct event number is being triggered on click and passed in the b/ss pixel. 

When I attempted to configure a report in Workspace, none of the new events are available to select. I’ve searched all over Google and the only thing I’ve seen is that there could be a “delay” between implementation and being able to use the metric. Is this still the case or am I missing some step? It’s been several days since this was setup. I also confirmed that we’re nowhere near our event limit in the contract. If this is a delay thing, how long is the delay? Are all the values that have been passed lost? I’ve never experienced this issue in the past, so is it new?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 2

@PDX_Shawn : There must be something else going on since analytics events (post activation) get available instantly in Workspace. I would have checked following:

1. Is the report suite selected in the workspace same as the one for which you activated events?

2. Is the workspace project you are working with be curated and may not allowing you to see/pull the new events? Check the events in a fresh workspace project.

3. Check if you enabled the events when you were naming them. It's common, when users do name the new events but forget to enable them by choosing the "enabled" option from the drop down. 

Level 1

Thanks for the reply - 

1. Can confirm that we're on the same report suite - however, I can also confirm that when I created the events I did so in both the DEV and Prod suites for our site and I can see the events on the DEV suite, but not in the PROD version. To my eye there's no difference between the two.

2. Attempted a fresh project, but it was the same story

3. Would you mind clarifying this? Which "enabled" dropdown are you referring to? Attached a screenshot of the event in question.

Level 2

From events' config. standpoint, everything looks fine.
Wondering if this is some how related to permissions. Can you see other events (other than the newly created ones) for the prod suite?
If yes, then I would suggest you to reach out to Customer Care.
If no, then it could be related to permissions also.  

Level 1

Thank you from Lodha Azur. The counter was set up and activated. Since we still can't see, we're going to try support.

Level 1

Just to be clear, did you create the new custom events under the Admin section? Additionally, confirm that the admin settings are enabled before adding them.

Level 1

Thanks. Yes, all of this was done. The issue has been referred to Support and they're looking into it.

Community Advisor

For clarity sake under Admin section did you add the new custom events? Also make sure when adding in admin then that they are set to enabled. 

Level 1

yes, they were created in admin and set to counters.

Level 3

For success events, you need to define the type [counter, numeric, currency] as per requirement and also make sure to select the "visibility" in admin.Please check your settings for your success event in admin. After these changes, you can see the event in workspace. There is no much delay. 

For real time, you can create Real time report for the success event and check it.

Level 1

Thanks - yes, it was setup and enabled as a counter. Going to try support since we're still not able to see.