Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Missing AnalyticsResponse event and Assurance SDK Version not compatible with Adobe Analytics Extension

Level 2

Hi community! 

I'm working to migrate Adobe Analytics to the latest version for a mobile app. I have followed all the steps in Adobe's documentation but unfortunately data is not being send to Adobe and Assurance throws two errors: 

• Missing AnalyticsResponse event!
  • Assurance SDK Version 4.0.0 and Adobe Analytics Extension version are not compatible!

Please find the current setup below:

1. Adobe Launch Property Extensions

Screenshot #1.png

 2. ReactNative project dependencies

Screenshot #2.png

 3. iOS appDelegate Setup

Screenshot #3.png

 4. API Usage for TrackState

Screenshot #4.png

@Jennifer_Dungan I saw your responses in other similar posts, any help will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @vipul_p / @Jennifer_Dungan and @dzmitry-nistratau ! 

I've opened an issue in GitHub you can check it here https://github.com/adobe/aepsdk-react-native/issues/297 .

Unfortunately, sending data directly to the Analytics endpoint isn't supported anymore when you're using ReactNative.

The only way to use AEP is configuring Edge Bridge so basically when you migrate from ACP-Prefix to AEP-Prefix you must setup Edge Bridge to make it work.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Community Advisor

I see you are using React Native.. funny enough, we had attempted the same thing on our apps just the other week (using a copy of the launch property), and we had the exact same issue... 

After working with the AEP Assurance Team, we were told that the AEP SDK React Native wrapper doesn't support AEP Analytics.

We ended up rolling back to our existing property and code.

I believe that part of the problem is the dependencies in your code is showing all version 5.0.0; yet the highest versions of extensions in Launch are 1.x and 2.x....

I would see if your developers, instead of using the AEP plugins in your app code, you need to use the older ACP-prefix reactive native plugins using the older ACP Analytics... 

Community Advisor

Or you will have to redo your analytics to send data through the Edge Network workflow (which we were not ready to attempt on our side yet)

Level 2

Basically, I've applied the changes only in DEV environment to check before pushing anything to PROD. In PROD we hace ACP-prefix react native plugins and everything is working fine, the thing is that the developer team of our customer reached out to us because they were having some issues in AppStore and PlayStore when they tried to release the app, it seems that it was complaining about plugins being deprecated.

Do you know by any chance which implications exists of leaving the ACP-prefix react native plugins?

Community Advisor

What versions are you currently running in prod? The post the other day was using very old versions.. we are somewhere in the middle (not the newest, but not old enough to have any flags from the app stores)....

There is no way to do a partial update that I know of... honestly the mobile app stuff is a bit of a pain....

If they won't let us choose a version to publish, and they won't let us roll back, then all the versions should be compatible... most of us are not ready to swap our implementations to use the Edge Server (even if that is the future of analytics - most of us aren't there yet....)

Level 2

Totally agree with you!

This are the versions that I'm currently running in PROD:

"@adobe/react-native-acpanalytics": "^2.0.1",
"@adobe/react-native-acpcore": "^2.0.2",
"@adobe/react-native-aepassurance": "^1.2.0",

Community Advisor

Those don't look too old... they are a little bit older than what we are running:

Adobe Analytics 2.2.16

Mobile Core 2.1.21

AEP Assurance 1.0.2

Though, if you are getting warnings from the app stores, I don't know if its just a "warning" or a "update or we won't accept your app" sort of thing.. honestly, I am worried for the day we start getting warnings too... but I just don't have time to re-implement everything to the Edge Server....

Level 2

You can check the deprecation notice here : https://github.com/adobe/react-native-acpcore it seems that the deprecated versions will affect iOS apps build in reactnative.

Community Advisor

Hmm I will have to check with my team on this.. thanks... funny nothing has come up yet though, and we have releases every few weeks....

Level 2

If you find something new to share about it I'll appreciate it and If I find something I let you know too.

Sharing is caring!

Thanks for replying and for your help!

Community Advisor

Absolutely... I have a feeling we will all be hit with this soon and I am going to need the moral support  

Level 1

Were you able to figure this out? I am seeing that I get http 304 in my network call when the lifecycle event is kicked off. But after that I am not seeing any other request being fired from the react native trackState/ trackAction calls. I have followed up all instructions from https://github.com/adobe/aepsdk-react-native and https://github.com/adobe/aepsdk-react-native/tree/main/packages/core.

Did you revert back to 2.0? or wrote any native bridge? how did you solve, if you did?

Level 2

Hi @vipul_p !

I rolled back the changes to ACP prefix since by now having a deprecated version is not affecting the app from tracking data. I'll have a meeting with Adobe Support Care this week to go through the issue, as soon as I have any updates on this I'll be posting the outcomes.

Level 1

Hi @ArlemGabriel Please let me know if you get any updates on this. I have been eagerly watching this post as I am dealing with this. Alternatively, I can try to write some custom native bridges but before I go that route I am hoping there is some good alternative available to make this library work as its intended to be.

Thanks

Level 2

Hi @vipul_p !

It takes a little to hear back from them so I sent the meeting proposal to Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

I'll certainly keep you posted on this I'm in the same position I don't want to use bridges if there is another way of just make it work with actual setup.

Level 1

Hi @ArlemGabriel 

I'm afraid I have a similar problem when migrating to AEP in react native application. Could you tell me if there is any update?

Unfortunately, this blocks the setting of push notifications. Therefore, I would like to know first if there is any official solution

Thank you

Level 2

Hi @vipul_p / @dzmitry-nistratau ! Unfortunately I don't have any updates. I have been waiting for almost 2 weeks for a meeting with Adobe Support Care but they haven't schedule the working session yet. I have been giving follow up to the ticket the last week and I received no response.

I recently sent a message today to see if I get anything from them. I'll be sharing more on this as soon as I can and once they set up the meeting to go through this.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @vipul_p / @Jennifer_Dungan and @dzmitry-nistratau ! 

I've opened an issue in GitHub you can check it here https://github.com/adobe/aepsdk-react-native/issues/297 .

Unfortunately, sending data directly to the Analytics endpoint isn't supported anymore when you're using ReactNative.

The only way to use AEP is configuring Edge Bridge so basically when you migrate from ACP-Prefix to AEP-Prefix you must setup Edge Bridge to make it work.

Hope this helps!