Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mismatch Between Metrics in Date Comparison vs Panel Date Range

Level 2

Hello,

I am having a weird issue in workspace with some date ranges associated to Segments. Our segments are setup at a hit container, utilizing Tracking Code "starts with", as our operator. Our Tracking Code dimension has a 7 day expiration.

When I utilize the segment in a Freeform table within a Date Range comparison, I see a different number for Visits & Revenue than I see when creating a Freeform Table under a new panel with the 2023 dates as the panel date range. Can someone help me understand why this might be happening? Shouldn't the numbers be the same?

SusiePo1_0-1718388053868.png

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hmm maybe try some other correlations / metrics with this setup?

For instance, what if you look at the Tracking Code Instance (which should only trigger when the tracking code is explicitly set/sent to Adobe? Of course this won't work with the Revenue, since that is down stream (the purchase won't be on the same hit as the tracking code being set).

With something that is limited to the hit, the different date range qualifiers shouldn't impact the data as much (it should match).... 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

You would think they would be the same... but I think there may be something to the 7 day Tracking Code attribution and the way the dates are handled slightly differently in the logic... for instance, a tracking code that started before June 11 or extended beyond June 15 may be cut off slightly differently between the panel date range and the custom date range.... 

Unfortunately, the logic of those pulls is a bit of a black box....

Level 2

Thank you for your response Jennifer. I was thinking that as well, is there anything I can dig into further to prove that is the 7-day expiration? We have other segments that use similar logic for the Tracking Code dimension that do not have this same issue. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hmm maybe try some other correlations / metrics with this setup?

For instance, what if you look at the Tracking Code Instance (which should only trigger when the tracking code is explicitly set/sent to Adobe? Of course this won't work with the Revenue, since that is down stream (the purchase won't be on the same hit as the tracking code being set).

With something that is limited to the hit, the different date range qualifiers shouldn't impact the data as much (it should match).... 

Level 2

When looking at tracking code instances, I'm still seeing a variance between the panel date range for last year and the compare time period column. Does this mean the issue is from the 7-day expiration?

Level 2

From Adobe Support, this is issue is because of the 7-day expiration of the dimension Tracking Code. We can see in a date range panel that there are more instances of tracking code vs in a comparison date range, this tells us that the comp. date range does not extend into the 7-day expiration.