Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Migration from Old Code to New Appmeasurement.js

Level 1

HI All, 

We are trying to migrate to new appmeasurement.js and i want to know what are the steps, precautions and things to remember?

Please Help 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Here is a good reference to shift the implementation type: http://www.searchdiscovery.com/blog/adobe-dtm-update-let-adobe-manage-measurement-library/

This link shows what needs to happen in order to move your plugins to the custom code section. I would recommend implementing and testing one plugin at a time.

Also, you no longer need the s.getQueryParam plugin. This is built into the new appMeasurement code. You can call this with s.Util.getQueryParam();

The only thing they are missing from their code to implement plugins is you need to define "s"

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1

Thanks Nikhil, 

I have already seen this document. But we are using dynamic account selection and which is not supported in new library. There are some plugins which are also not supported. 

What needs to be done in order to successfully migrate ?

Employee Advisor

Hi Mandeep,

Any precautions that need to be taken, you're already taking them. Some plug-ins are not yet supported, which I believe our consulting team is working on them. You're welcome to use custom rules in DTM to accomplish similar tasks the plug-ins do.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Here is a good reference to shift the implementation type: http://www.searchdiscovery.com/blog/adobe-dtm-update-let-adobe-manage-measurement-library/

This link shows what needs to happen in order to move your plugins to the custom code section. I would recommend implementing and testing one plugin at a time.

Also, you no longer need the s.getQueryParam plugin. This is built into the new appMeasurement code. You can call this with s.Util.getQueryParam();

The only thing they are missing from their code to implement plugins is you need to define "s"