Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Microsoft Edge browser categorized as Google Chrome in Adobe

Level 2

Hi,

I have a quick questions. We are using Adobe analytics out of box solution to capture browser type data. We noticed that Microsoft Edge is reported as Google Chrome Browser in Adobe Browser Report? Does anyone experience the same issue?

Thanks!

7 Replies

Level 5

Could you provide more information so that others can replicate this? For example, were you breaking down Browser by Browser Type?

Level 2

@brentrad Actually, we did a test to have one person visited the site using Edge and then segment this customer in Adobe workspace based on ECID. The data shows the browser is Chrome (unknown version) instead of Edge. That aligned with our report that a big spike of Chrome (unknown version) appeared in April.

Level 1

Experiencing the same problem since the beginning of the month only. When I examine the data by Browser, it seems like Microsoft Edge 100 and Google Chrome 100 are both being bundled into one category "Google Chrome (unknown version)"

Related to this? Campaign web components and version 100 in Chrome Firefox, and Edge browsers | Adobe Campaign

Level 1

Hi, 
I experience the same issue. Can be clearly analyzed when breaking down browser dimension "Google Chrome (unknown version)" by "user agent". 
Adobe: when will you going to fix this?
Thanks and BR, David

Level 2

ditto...have the same problem as everyone else has mentioned.   did anyone put in a support ticket yet?  

Level 2

When Adobe doesn't recognize a new Edge browser version, it defaults to Chrome. We see it happening again now in early June. I put in a support ticket back in April, and Adobe resolved it by updating their browsers list to include the new Edge release. I will put in another ticket.

Level 2

Thanks.

It is very surprising that we have to remind Adobe to do it whenever there is a release of new browser. That should be their job.