Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

metric which is there in discover tool but not in the report builder

Level 1

Hi team,

There is a metric called Searches which is available only in discover(Ad Hoc Analysis tool) but not in Report Builder by keeping same report suite. Is there any possibility that it can be available with a different name?

Thanks

Gaurav Agarwal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Gaurav,

The searches metric should be available with the Traffic sources report. Check if you get it when you select the Search Engine report as a dimension in the 1st step of the wizard.

Analysis works and Ad Hoc allow for more mix-match of breakdowns, which are limited in the old Reports section. The Report Builder works off on the old Reports, and shares much of its limitations.

-Hyder

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Gaurav,

The searches metric should be available with the Traffic sources report. Check if you get it when you select the Search Engine report as a dimension in the 1st step of the wizard.

Analysis works and Ad Hoc allow for more mix-match of breakdowns, which are limited in the old Reports section. The Report Builder works off on the old Reports, and shares much of its limitations.

-Hyder

Level 1

Hi Hyder,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, we are able to see the searches metric while using Traffic sources report. I need to use this metric with Geographic DMA report which is a custom conversion report, for which I need to use ad-hoc analysis tool.

Regards

Gaurav

Employee Advisor

Unfortunately there are limitations to metric and dimensions in the Reports section (and Report Builder), which are overcome in Ad Hoc and Workspace