Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Metric De-duplication

Level 1

Below data contains orders and visits which have orders. Ideally, the de-duplicated order visits should be less than or equal to total orders. But in this below scenario, I m seeing the visits which contain orders more than the total orders count. Please note that the Authentication Status evar is fired on the order confirmation page and also on all page hits too. Can someone help me to understand why I am seeing this?  Thanks for your help.

OrdersOrder Exists in a Visit
 OrdersVisits
Authentication Status  
Registered Not Authenticated1643523960
Authenticated88508698

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@vinayc16055999 you have order visits, which were not authenticated initially but got authenticated afterwards in a same visit. In such cases that visit will be counted in both row. 

Thanks,

Asheesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@vinayc16055999 you have order visits, which were not authenticated initially but got authenticated afterwards in a same visit. In such cases that visit will be counted in both row. 

Thanks,

Asheesh

Level 5
Piggy backing on this correct answer above. You likely need a hit level container within your visit segment to check status at the time of order...rather than status at any point within visit.