Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Majority of traffic falling into "none" bucket for marketing channel

Level 1

When I go to view traffic by marketing channel, the majority is falling into the "none" bucket. I have the marketing channel and processing rules configured but still, this is occurring. Any thoughts on why?

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 5.42.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 5.40.38 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Maybe you can share some of the details of the actual rule sets... and then in your workspace try to bring in some of those items and see if they map to the data.

---------------------------------------

For Instance... maybe you are using the default rule:

"Paid Search"

Matches Paid Search Detection Rules

Is your "Paid Search" Detection correctly configured?

Admin > Report Suites > (Choose Suite) > General > Paid Search Detection

---------------------------

You have some other custom rules there, and I see that a lot of them contain "2 rules"... 

Are you using "If ALL of the following are true" or "if ANY of the following are true", maybe you have the wrong selector here, that you have one OR the other, but not both, but your rule is looking for both together... that could be causing the rule to fail....

Without seeing more details of your rules, we can only guess at what might be failing, but double checking how your rules are built, then checking your data in your Workspace to see if the data you expect to map is present would be the best place to start.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Maybe you can share some of the details of the actual rule sets... and then in your workspace try to bring in some of those items and see if they map to the data.

---------------------------------------

For Instance... maybe you are using the default rule:

"Paid Search"

Matches Paid Search Detection Rules

Is your "Paid Search" Detection correctly configured?

Admin > Report Suites > (Choose Suite) > General > Paid Search Detection

---------------------------

You have some other custom rules there, and I see that a lot of them contain "2 rules"... 

Are you using "If ALL of the following are true" or "if ANY of the following are true", maybe you have the wrong selector here, that you have one OR the other, but not both, but your rule is looking for both together... that could be causing the rule to fail....

Without seeing more details of your rules, we can only guess at what might be failing, but double checking how your rules are built, then checking your data in your Workspace to see if the data you expect to map is present would be the best place to start.

Good luck!