Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Launch script production alerts

Level 4

When we push the Launch script to production. How can the team be notified that it went live?  And, who would you suggest be notified when launch scripts get pushed to production?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm not aware of any automatic alerts at this time.. that could be a good idea to post.

In the meantime, in my company, our process is to share the scope of the changes with DevOps and get approval to deploy (this is more of a courtesy... so that IF something starts going wrong they know what changes have been made in Launch as well as all our production code builds).

We have a "production deployments" slack channel, when I deploy my changes, I post there, again with the scope of the changes. This means the devops, product teams, qa, developers, etc who are on the channel are all notified at once about what is changing.

95% of our changes are also tied to Sprint tickets, so QA has already gone through QA testing for them, but sometimes there are little tweaks that don't really warrant a ticket.. so this just provided the whole scope instead of individual pieces (which sometimes may be held back due to in-progress work still on those items).

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm not aware of any automatic alerts at this time.. that could be a good idea to post.

In the meantime, in my company, our process is to share the scope of the changes with DevOps and get approval to deploy (this is more of a courtesy... so that IF something starts going wrong they know what changes have been made in Launch as well as all our production code builds).

We have a "production deployments" slack channel, when I deploy my changes, I post there, again with the scope of the changes. This means the devops, product teams, qa, developers, etc who are on the channel are all notified at once about what is changing.

95% of our changes are also tied to Sprint tickets, so QA has already gone through QA testing for them, but sometimes there are little tweaks that don't really warrant a ticket.. so this just provided the whole scope instead of individual pieces (which sometimes may be held back due to in-progress work still on those items).

Community Advisor

in console tab. Run this script.

_satellite.buildInfo.environment + " : " + new Date (_satellite.buildInfo.buildDate)

It will at least give you some insights to your script and build info.