Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

item level events on the order confirmation page

Level 1

On the order confirmation page, I'd like to pass two item level events.  Event 20 captures an item level discount amount that was applied to a product, and event 21 an event for the item being discounted.  There wasn't an exact example of this use case here (https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/products.html).  Here's the output:

1. events:
    event39,purchase,event8=0,event42=175,event20,event21
  2. products:
    ;ABC;1;85.0;event20=10.0|event21=1,;DEF;1;90.0;

Everything looks fine at the an order level, but if I want to look at the discount information by product, event 21 was applied to both products that were purchased. Event 20, the discount amount, was applied to the correct product.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

As it says on the page " On currency event reports, the report total represents the de-duplicated event total (in this example, the total amount of discounts during the reporting period), not the sum of the event values for each product. For example, you would see "9.95" listed for both "Running Shoes" and "Running Socks", and the total would also be "9.95".

As per the doc, the total order had two items, hence event 21 was applied to the entire order but the discount amount was for the correct product. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

As it says on the page " On currency event reports, the report total represents the de-duplicated event total (in this example, the total amount of discounts during the reporting period), not the sum of the event values for each product. For example, you would see "9.95" listed for both "Running Shoes" and "Running Socks", and the total would also be "9.95".

As per the doc, the total order had two items, hence event 21 was applied to the entire order but the discount amount was for the correct product. 

Thanks!