Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Is there an alternative to s.t() and s.tl()?

Level 1

Hi, 

I am trying to find the best way to send one single call to Adobe Analytics when a page load triggers a 'PageView' as well as 'Events'. I understand PageView's require a 's.t()' function which increments page views, and s.tl() is similar minus the increment feature.

Is it possible to use a function that can handle both? 

Evie678_0-1604933682131.png

I would like this to be a single call to Adobe Analytics - but currently it is two due to being different types of call. 

Many thanks

Evie

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As you've rightfully pointed out, s.t() is to track Pageviews. Whereas s.tl() is normally used to track Custom Links, but can also be used to track Exit and Download Links.

With both calls, you can include any props, eVars and events that you want (and that make sense to be tracked together).

But also like what @Brian_Johnson_ said, it looks like you actually have another problem, which is that your click on what should be an internal link is being tracked as an exit link because of incorrect Internal URL Filter setup.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 8

@Evie678 - You can pass events on your page call (s.t()) if you want. Just add them to s.events before triggering the call.

I also noticed that the call in your screenshot is an lnk_e call, which tells me the call is likely firing automatically when you click on a link and that the domain from the destination URL (href) has not been a added to the list of internal filters. (Look in the Adobe Analytics extension near the "link" tracking option.)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As you've rightfully pointed out, s.t() is to track Pageviews. Whereas s.tl() is normally used to track Custom Links, but can also be used to track Exit and Download Links.

With both calls, you can include any props, eVars and events that you want (and that make sense to be tracked together).

But also like what @Brian_Johnson_ said, it looks like you actually have another problem, which is that your click on what should be an internal link is being tracked as an exit link because of incorrect Internal URL Filter setup.

Employee Advisor

Looks like you are looking forward to trigger a single call that will track both exit link as well as page load. It's not advisable, and I don't think it's possible. As the former doesn't account for a page view while the latter does.

Thanks!