Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Is there a role /permission to restrict a user from creating a project?

Level 2

Hi Adobe Analytics Experts,

Is there a role /permission to restrict a user from creating a project? I only want them to see the projects I have shared with them?

Regards - Manish

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi Manish,

if you are an Admin you need to remove the access to the users as per the below screenshot. Remove the "Analysis Workspace:Save As Template" from included Permission item.

Capture3.JPG

In Adobe Analytics Workspace, you cannot give them read/write only access.

If the user has the Permission that includes 'Analysis Workspace Access' and 'Analysis Workspace:Save As Template', they can Save and edit your Workspace project.

If the user has the Permission that only includes 'Analysis Workspace Access' and not 'Analysis Workspace:Save As Template', they can only 'Save As' or 'Copy' the Project in their Dashboard to edit.

Hope this Helps

Regards,

Kumararaja K

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 5

Hi Manish,

To my understanding sharing the Project can be restricted not creating the project

Might this below links helps you

How to Give View-Only Permission to Workspaces

Ability to Share Workspace Project as READ ONLY

Thanks,

Balaji

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi Manish,

if you are an Admin you need to remove the access to the users as per the below screenshot. Remove the "Analysis Workspace:Save As Template" from included Permission item.

Capture3.JPG

In Adobe Analytics Workspace, you cannot give them read/write only access.

If the user has the Permission that includes 'Analysis Workspace Access' and 'Analysis Workspace:Save As Template', they can Save and edit your Workspace project.

If the user has the Permission that only includes 'Analysis Workspace Access' and not 'Analysis Workspace:Save As Template', they can only 'Save As' or 'Copy' the Project in their Dashboard to edit.

Hope this Helps

Regards,

Kumararaja K