Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

iPhone 6 and automated reports

Level 3

I do not have an iPhone 6 but am being told that, reports built with report builder on an automated schedule, fail to load on iOS 8.1.3.

Has anyone heard of this before? If so, where can I obtain more information on this and how to fix?

I believe this sounds like an isolated case, but do not have enough data or information to prove it.

Thanks,

-Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I believe this is what is happening on iPhones in my scenario...

When you receive the email, you are just clicking on the attachment I assume? This just opens a quick viewer, which does not render this attachment correctly.

Press and hold the attachment and an options screen should popup, you should see an app called “Numbers” – open the attachment with that application. This is Apples version of Excel.

If you do not see that app right away, click on the “More” button and select the Numbers app, then open that way.

I hope this helps someone else who does not own an iPhone cool

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 8

Hi Scott,

As Shekhar mentioned do share any specific feedback on a scenario that is not working for you. We'd be happy to help you on troubleshooting it.

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out.

As per my knowledge there is no specific information around the same. Can you have someone do the testing and let us know if you are experiencing any issues?

Thanks!

Level 3

My post was in the wrong thread, please read my reply to Nikhil Bisne.

Correct answer by
Level 3

I believe this is what is happening on iPhones in my scenario...

When you receive the email, you are just clicking on the attachment I assume? This just opens a quick viewer, which does not render this attachment correctly.

Press and hold the attachment and an options screen should popup, you should see an app called “Numbers” – open the attachment with that application. This is Apples version of Excel.

If you do not see that app right away, click on the “More” button and select the Numbers app, then open that way.

I hope this helps someone else who does not own an iPhone cool

Employee Advisor

I believe this issue stems from a combination of how we generate scheduled report emails and how Apple mail displays them. We will be doing some optimizations with scheduled report layout and attachments in the future, which should resolve the problem without the need for a workaround.