Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

iPad appearing as Desktop (Other) device

Level 2

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen iPad showing in Adobe Analytics as a Desktop device?

A colleague in our office is accessing our website using an iPad but they're being presented with our Desktop site rather than the responsive M site. When I looked up their customer ID in Adobe Analytics, it was classed as "Other" under the Mobile Device Type report.

They were also shown as seeing the Desktop site.

iPad devices have resolution 768 x 1024 so I took a look at how much Desktop traffic has this resolution. What I found was very interesting; since 24th September, the number of visits from "Other" device type with this resolution has steadily increased from almost zero to over 1k visits per day.

1857431_pastedImage_0.png

Is anyone aware of an iOS or Mac OS update that could be now classifying iPad devices as Desktops? Interesting, the colleague also uses a Mac device.

Thanks,

James

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi your responsive site may is using a screen size as its cutoff that happens to be present in both ipad and other(desktop) universes.

To verify do a report for other in Device type then break it down by Device. This will then specifically answer is ipad being lumped under desktop.(it should not).

Device type does not use screen size as base to categorize. Its device depenadant and useragent related if I recall.

regards

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi your responsive site may is using a screen size as its cutoff that happens to be present in both ipad and other(desktop) universes.

To verify do a report for other in Device type then break it down by Device. This will then specifically answer is ipad being lumped under desktop.(it should not).

Device type does not use screen size as base to categorize. Its device depenadant and useragent related if I recall.

regards