Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

IP Anonymization

Level 2

Hello 

We need to use a revers proxy for NOT send the IP address to Adobe, We lost the OO geosegmentation, What more feature we lost based on the IP ?

thx for your Help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Daniel,

Assuming I understand you're question, are you asking what functionality you lose by using a reverse proxy?

You already mentioned the main thing, which is geosegmentation and location-based reports. The only other thing I can think of would be last-resort visitor identification, which uses a combination of IP address and user-agent.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Daniel,

Assuming I understand you're question, are you asking what functionality you lose by using a reverse proxy?

You already mentioned the main thing, which is geosegmentation and location-based reports. The only other thing I can think of would be last-resort visitor identification, which uses a combination of IP address and user-agent.