Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Images in Analytics Workspace Project not visible when we export the project to PDF

Level 2

Although we can now add images to Analytics Workspace in the form of a URL as source, the image shows broken when we export the project in PDF format. Is there any solution to this? I want to be able to see the images in the PDF version as well.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Where are you images stored? Images are not broken for me... 

Remember, Images need to be publicly accessible to be properly used... Images are not "uploaded" into Adobe, images are just linked to their source. But images in the PDF will be embedded, not linked.

So if you have an image that is behind your firewall, you and your users may be able to see it... but when the server side PDF rendering occurs, that server cannot access your internal network, the image will appear to be a 404, and therefore will be broken, and cannot be added to the PDF.

Now, if the images you have are sensitive, and cannot be posted outside your network, that will be an issue... This is something that has been raised by a few people in the Champions group, that we need to be able to upload images into Adobe for security purposes.... so that we don't have to use things like imgur to host our images.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Where are you images stored? Images are not broken for me... 

Remember, Images need to be publicly accessible to be properly used... Images are not "uploaded" into Adobe, images are just linked to their source. But images in the PDF will be embedded, not linked.

So if you have an image that is behind your firewall, you and your users may be able to see it... but when the server side PDF rendering occurs, that server cannot access your internal network, the image will appear to be a 404, and therefore will be broken, and cannot be added to the PDF.

Now, if the images you have are sensitive, and cannot be posted outside your network, that will be an issue... This is something that has been raised by a few people in the Champions group, that we need to be able to upload images into Adobe for security purposes.... so that we don't have to use things like imgur to host our images.

Level 2

Thank you so much Jennifer! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Community Advisor

you're welcome

Good luck with your images.