Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Identifying Operating System with Data Insertion API

Level 1

I'm currently using the Data Insertion API but the Operating System report is showing my OS as "Unknown". How do I identify the request as from Android? The JAR is using JAVA in the URL, but that's not in the doc

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3
5 Replies

Level 3

I believe you would pass this via the "userAgent" field or via the HTTP headers if you are sending a POST request.  Using the Android SDK instead might be a better alternative as it takes care of it for you.

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I am using GET and not POST. Should I still use the "userAgent" field?

Level 3

If you are using GET then you would likely need to make sure you are sending the user-agent http header

The "userAgent" field can be used if you using POST / xml.  I believe this is noted in the documentation.

Level 1

Thanks, btripple. Could you give me an example or point me to the docs where this is noted? I'm not able to find this.

Correct answer by
Level 3