Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

I need some help on figuring out how SiteCatalyst collects data about Client-side "Login" data.

Former Community Member

I need some help on figuring out how SiteCatalyst collects data about Client-side "Login" data. Does it get the data from user cookies or is there additional coding that needs to take place. Here is what I have uploaded to our HTML:

var sTagEnvCookie = readCookie('s_tagEnv')

var environment = 'prod';

if(sTagEnvCookie == 'dev') {

environment = 'dev';

}

var webData = {

siteCode:"CLNStore",

pageName:pageName,

pageType:"",

contentType:contentType,

contentCode:contentCode,

siteSection:siteSection,

site:"CLNStore",

environment:environment,

language:"en",

loginStatus:loginStatus,

userType:userType,

hier1:'',

"events": ["pageView"],

}

</script>

Will this give me the "Login Status" based on the cookies alone, or do I need to do more in terms of coding to get the data?

Thank You,

Dhru

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Dhru,

The cookie (s_tagEnvmentioned in your code snippet is of Adobe Tag Manager(ATM) which is used ONLY to identify the environment of the Tag Container to be used (dev/stage/prod). It is primarily used to identify and access the appropriate Tag Container.

The latter half of the code snippet is certainly just a Data Layer and the element defined in the Data Layer alone will not do any good to identify User Login status. One has to write a code to identify and store user status in this data layer element and the map to an SiteCatalyst variables ( I would suggest an eVar and a Prop both) in order to get the user login status in your Adobe Analytics reports. 

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the Heart Icon and move this to Solved status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 1

The highlighted lines look to be from your page data layer. SiteCatalyst by default do not collect any of the login information from your site. You will need custom coding or mapping of your page data layer to appropriate SiteCatalyst variables and events to have them appear in SC reports.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Dhru,

The cookie (s_tagEnvmentioned in your code snippet is of Adobe Tag Manager(ATM) which is used ONLY to identify the environment of the Tag Container to be used (dev/stage/prod). It is primarily used to identify and access the appropriate Tag Container.

The latter half of the code snippet is certainly just a Data Layer and the element defined in the Data Layer alone will not do any good to identify User Login status. One has to write a code to identify and store user status in this data layer element and the map to an SiteCatalyst variables ( I would suggest an eVar and a Prop both) in order to get the user login status in your Adobe Analytics reports. 

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the Heart Icon and move this to Solved status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®