Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to schedule same Workspace dashboard for different recipients using different filters?

Level 2

Hello, 

I would like to schedule a Workspace dashboard to be sent to several different groups. I have a filter dropdown in the dashboard to change the geo reflected in the data (e.g. United States, Canada, etc.)

For group A I want to save the dashboard with the United States filter selected, then schedule monthly delivery to group A. Then for group B I plan to save the dashboard with Canada selected, then schedule monthly delivery.

Will scheduling for group B override the settings that were in place when the report was scheduled to be delivered for group A? Basically I want to avoid creating a bunch of copies of the same dashboard just to schedule report deliveries. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Typically a scheduled report will default to its last saved version.

So if geo segment is differentiator...

Create report version A save it then schedule it for group A. Make change for group B save it then schedule it for group B etc...

I also recommend you look at the "publishing lists" function. You can create a list of users named as list group A, B, C then in future as people need to be added or deleted you just update list.(all associated reports will then use the updates).

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/analytics/kb/how-to-enable-publishing-list-option-in-case-it-is-grayed-ou...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Typically a scheduled report will default to its last saved version.

So if geo segment is differentiator...

Create report version A save it then schedule it for group A. Make change for group B save it then schedule it for group B etc...

I also recommend you look at the "publishing lists" function. You can create a list of users named as list group A, B, C then in future as people need to be added or deleted you just update list.(all associated reports will then use the updates).

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/analytics/kb/how-to-enable-publishing-list-option-in-case-it-is-grayed-ou...

Level 2
Ok, so I do have to copy the dashboard for each geo segment to schedule - if it defaults to the last saved state. I wish there was an option when scheduling to choose whether future changes apply to that instance or not. Oh well, thank you for the confirmation.

Community Advisor
no you dont need to copy it technically. You could make a change and save(change being geo region) but in fuutre if you need to get back to another region to make a different change then it wont exists. you would in essence need to re -create it.