Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to retrieve MCAID

Level 4

Hi community, 

I have a request for capturing and sending MCAID to Adobe Analytics. I'm able to get it using "visitor.getVisitorValues()" function (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/id-service/using/id-service-api/methods/getvisitorvalues.htm.... But the I'm getting for MCAID is empty.

Is there something I should do for enabling this ID?

Thank you, 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since I am using Adobe Launch and I've been using the Experience Cloud Id Service for so long, my MCAID is always "NONE".

The MCAID from what I understand is the old s_vi value, if the user still has such cookies set in their browser from legacy implementations.

Since I don't see an MCAID value in your data, are you sure this is something you need to track? It doesn't even look like it's being set.....

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Well there are two ways to do this... one requires scripting, the other is the simple "dynamic variables method" that tells your prop or eVar to duplicate the value that is already being sent to Adobe.

The script method is 

var mcID = visitor.getMarketingCloudVisitorID(useMarketingCloudID)

(see https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/id-service/using/id-service-api/methods/getmcvid.html?lang=e... )
Where you have to pass your Marketing Cloud ID to the script (this method is good particularly when you want to send the Adobe Cloud Id to another system for cross stitching).

However, there is a much easier way if you just want to pass the information to a prop or eVar:

"D=mid"

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1668438731803.png

Community Advisor

Oh, sorry, I just realized you are looking for the MCAID

Hmm right now, getVisitorValues is also returning no value for me.. let me play with this a bit.

Community Advisor

Ok. it's a bit of a hack, but once you have your visitor object set, you should be able to use:

visitor._fields (this returns a JSON formatted object of all the set values)

or

visitor._fields.MCAID (which returns the MCAID specifically)

Level 4

I neither getting MCAID from visitor._fields.

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 8.18.24 AM.png

I'm a little bit confused. Is MCAID a value we should assign before, like a login ID for example, or is it similar to MCMID that Adobe pushes it automatically?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since I am using Adobe Launch and I've been using the Experience Cloud Id Service for so long, my MCAID is always "NONE".

The MCAID from what I understand is the old s_vi value, if the user still has such cookies set in their browser from legacy implementations.

Since I don't see an MCAID value in your data, are you sure this is something you need to track? It doesn't even look like it's being set.....

Level 4

Thank you for your response Jennifer. This is exactly the discussion now we are having with one of our vendors. They tell us they need from us to setup MCAID, but based on what you said, it's not possible, because we use Experience Cloud Id Service.

I will wait new reply from vendor, to add see if is there something to add to this thread. But I'm pretty sure yours is correct answer.

Community Advisor

Are you setting a visitor ID with Analytics? e.g. with s.visitorID

If you're not, then I don't think the MCAID is set. For example, if you use the Experience Cloud ID Service (ECID), then MCAID would be "NONE".

Level 4

I did assign for testing, but still getting empty value.

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 7.55.34 AM.png