Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to map website's user login session with Adobe Analytics visits/instance using DTM?

Level 2

Hi,

I am tracking user name while logging in to the site.
I am using an eVar to store it once logged in and I have selected to remember its value for Visitor level in Dynamic Tag Management.

Now I am confused when seeing report what to consider as "no of logins" - Instance or Visits.
Both seem to show incorrect values.

I want to know how many times the user has logged in and the Avg Time Spent on the site.

Kindly help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Thanks Gajendra. :)

Regards

Devinder

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Please follow the below link to see the different between Instances and Visits:

http://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/comparing-visits-and-instances.html

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/reference/metrics_instance.html

Thanks!

Level 5

Hi

You need to relate eVar with event to get success lo-gins. This will need few implementation steps.

Implementation 1:

1. set success event on lo-gin (s.event = event1; example event1 is for longed-in) and eVar will store the value UserID

2. Both values need to be fired in same request.

This will capture number of successful lo-gins and time spent by user too

Regards

Devinder

Level 2

thanks for reply..

I already had configured the same in DTM.

Used eVar5 for storing User Name, prop5 as traffic var and event5 as success event.

I am also getting user report when selecting conversion variable eVar5 on the omniture site.

The only concern is it is showing visits and instance which are not the counts how many times that user logged in.

I want to know how many times login done and avg time spent on site.

Instance or visit metrices are not showing correct count.

What is the alternate way to achieve the same??

Please suggest.

Regards,

Gajendra Pal

Level 5

Hi

To get the count of user logged-in you need to correlate eVar with event to get the count. Only eVar will not project the clear image.

Regards

Devinder

Level 2

Hi Devinder,

I am new to Adobe Analytics.

Can you please provide me a little detail about how to achieve correlation.

My requirement is tracking [User Name] and its [Count] for no. of log-ins.

Thanks.

Regards,

Gajendra Pal

Level 5

Hi

You have to implement eVar and event for UserID and login respectively and fire in same request.

Once these data get recorded , you can view login count , UserID count separately in UI and also you can break down UserID with login event.

Reference :http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/user/t_reports_breakdown.html

Regards

Devinder

Level 2

Thanks Devinder for sharing this info.

What I have done is -

eVar5 is used for tracking User name and event5 as the event for the same.

I have renamed this event as "Login" and enabled as type counter in the report suite settings.

Now I can select this counter as a metric, named "Login" from the standard metrics list while showing user report.

But instead of showing the actual login count it is showing page view count.

I am calling a direct call rule once logged in to track user info using Dynamic Tag Management.

I want to record the counter only once when login happens.

Can you please suggest how to achieve this?

thanks,

Gajendra Pal

Level 5

Hi

I need few information to test on my end could drop me a test mail on my ID  banga@adobe.com

Regards

Devinder

Level 2

Hi Devinder,

It was nice having online meeting and telephonic discussion with you.

It was solution oriented and I ended up learning new things too apart from solving the current issue.

Thank you very much.

thanks,

Gajendra

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Thanks Gajendra. :)

Regards

Devinder

Level 1

Hi Devinder, I have similar issue. It would be nice if you share solution of the problem. What was the mistake Gajendra was doing? May be I am doing the same.