Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to get the number of times a page got viewed in CQ5.6.1 programatically from CQAnalytics or sitecatalyst

Level 4

Hi,

We have a requirement to show most read pages on top in a page. For this we have to get number of times a page got viewed by end user.

I am assuming that this we can do using analytics.

Can any one please let me know how to get page view count for a CQ page either using CQ_analtics, SItecatalust or Google Analytics.

Best Regards

Eakambaram Yadav

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

While the impression data initially appears tempting, it is not meant for end-user page view analytics. 

If we consider the author displays impressions, 1+ publish instances would have to "reverse replicate" impression data back to the author, which would get pushed right back to publish instances.

When we consider the Apache Dispatchers serving up cached pages w/o passing the request to the publish instances, you can understand how even your production publish instances don't see all the traffic, either.

I am looking for anlaytics java script or Java  API for getting the number of times a page got viewed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 4

While the impression data initially appears tempting, it is not meant for end-user page view analytics. 

If weconsider the author displays impressions, 1+ publish instances would have to "reverse replicate" impression data back to the author, which would get pushed right back to publish instances.

When we consider the Apache Dispatchers serving up cached pages w/o passing the request to the publish instances, you can understand how even your production publish instances don't see all the traffic, either. 

That is the reason I am looking to  Analytics. I am not able to find any java script api or java rest call for getting this in the analytics.

Correct answer by
Level 4

If we consider the author displays impressions, 1+ publish instances would have to "reverse replicate" impression data back to the author, which would get pushed right back to publish instances.

When we consider the Apache Dispatchers serving up cached pages w/o passing the request to the publish instances, you can understand how even your production publish instances don't see all the traffic, either.

I am looking for anlaytics java script or Java  API for getting the number of times a page got viewed.