Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

How to get orders from people who visited a certain page?

Level 2

What I desire is the number of orders from those who have visited page A and then make the order. Page A is something in the customer journey, which can appear in the first visit page or in any order of the pages. However, if I go to the metric 'Orders (purchase event)', the belonging page is always 'Order Page' which is useless. How can I derive orders in this case?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok, well you can do a simple sequential segment if you are concerned:

VISIT [

Pages contain discovery

THEN

Order exists

]

The THEN doesn't have a "within" clause, so any visit that has Discovery Page and then later has an Order would be included.

But it sounds like if the risk of Orders being first is low enough, you can probably stick to what you have.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

If you are looking specifically for "page a" in the flow, you can use a fallout report...

Add Page A as the first step, then Orders as the second.. you can restrict it to "Next Hit" over "Eventual Path" if you need to be certain it's direct from Page A.

You can also create a segment from that fallout, or build your own sequential segment

HIT [

Order exists

AND

VISIT container (Only After Sequence) [

Page A

Then (within 1 hit / etc)

Order exists

]

]

^ This will only return the actual orders (the order hit), where the visit had Page A followed directly by an Order (the "Only After Sequence" makes sure that you are only grabbing the orders that follow this sequence)

Level 2

Thanks Jennifer, I found a simpler method and wonder if it works. If I use the segment and change the container from 'Hit' to 'Visit', can it return those visited page A in the whole visit?

screenshot-1707274376296.png

Community Advisor

Hi @KiriHong 

The segment you showed there will return every hit, of every visit, where a user hit any page that contains "discovery".

Now, if you pair that with the Orders metric, then that will show you orders on those visits.. but not necessarily orders that came form the page you expect...

For instance:

• Home Page
  • Page A
  • Discovery Page
  • Page B
  • Page C
  • Page D
  • Success Page / Order event

Your segment will return all the above pages.

If you look only at your "Order Metric", you will see the "Successful Purchase" page, but this order came from "Page D", not "Discovery Page".. so you may be over counting and getting far more information than you think you are.

Page Views Visits Orders
Pages   7 1 1
  Home Page 1 1 0
  Page A 1 1 0
  Discovery Page 1 1 0
  Page B 1 1 0
  Page C 1 1 0
  Page D 1 1 0
  Success Page 1 1 1

Level 2

Hi Jennifer, yes I understand. What I need in this case is exactly those who visits the discovery page and take order in the same 'visit', no necessary just the page before order. Thus I suppose this segment will work for me

Community Advisor

OK, and the order doesn't matter also?

If the "Discovery Page" is hit after the order, will that impact your report?

If order doesn't matter, and direct from the page to the order doesn't matter, than yes, your segment should work just fine. 

Level 2

Yes, no matter in order and path. Actually to be strict, the counting should only contain visits where discovery page is before order. But discovery after order visits is nearly 0 (in most cases order page is the last page if there exists an order) , so this simple counting will be mostly accurate. Thanks so much again for your remind.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok, well you can do a simple sequential segment if you are concerned:

VISIT [

Pages contain discovery

THEN

Order exists

]

The THEN doesn't have a "within" clause, so any visit that has Discovery Page and then later has an Order would be included.

But it sounds like if the risk of Orders being first is low enough, you can probably stick to what you have.

Level 2

Wow, this is wonderful! I will take the solution, thanks soooooo much