Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to debug a data element value in console which captures error value on direct call rule? Adobe launch

Level 6

In adobe launch the developer has created a rule and used console.log("pageError", event.detail); in custom code section and have used evar9 set as %event.detail.formName%:%event.detail.errorText% under variables. This rule triggers in a direct call rule events. How to debug and see this in console?

I expect something like checking direct call rule _satellite.track("error-page") or datalayer check in console which I can debug and check in web console

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If there is a console.log there, it should already be visible in your console without having to do anything.

If you filter your console for "pageError" you should be able to see just the items that contain that... the console.log you showed contained that so that the logs would be easier to find.

However, I don't know if you can get the JS of the satellite object for actual debugging...

_satellite.getVar('data element name');

will output the returned value of the data element, but not really allow you to debug it per se....

And since most of the script is actually condensed and rewritten in the final attached output, trying to debug from that won't really help you... you would want to look at the readable version of the code.....

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If there is a console.log there, it should already be visible in your console without having to do anything.

If you filter your console for "pageError" you should be able to see just the items that contain that... the console.log you showed contained that so that the logs would be easier to find.

However, I don't know if you can get the JS of the satellite object for actual debugging...

_satellite.getVar('data element name');

will output the returned value of the data element, but not really allow you to debug it per se....

And since most of the script is actually condensed and rewritten in the final attached output, trying to debug from that won't really help you... you would want to look at the readable version of the code.....