Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to create event tracking popup view in adobe analytics?

Level 1

Hello,

I have a popup that is shown after 10 seconds or if the user scrolls to the bottom of the page.

What I need is to know who sees the popup.

In the event configuration I don't see any event type to do this.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thank you for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

#1 Ask you developers to emit an event when popup is displayed

#2 Is there an event pushed inside your data layer when popup displayed ? if not that would be the best option

#3 MutatioObserver: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/MutationObserver bit of a heavy solution but works just fine once you understand which node to target to monitor for mutation

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

#1 Ask you developers to emit an event when popup is displayed

#2 Is there an event pushed inside your data layer when popup displayed ? if not that would be the best option

#3 MutatioObserver: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/MutationObserver bit of a heavy solution but works just fine once you understand which node to target to monitor for mutation

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

@BGM00 Agree with others that option 1 is best, but if you need another route, I've had success with "Enters Viewport" in the past. However, depending on how the modal is rendered, it can be temperamental and you'll need to find a CSS selector that works (and I've seen situations where modal is considered visible in DOM and triggers immediately on page load).

Level 3

Another way to collect data is in the dataLayer, Get the success message of the modal pop-up and convert that into a DL value.