Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to create a calculated month-to-date (MTD) metric?

Level 2

Hello, how would you create a month-to-date (MTD) metric? For instance, if I count 20 conversions on the 15th of the month, my Conversions MTD metric is 40 (assuming the number of days in the current month is 30).

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey Raphael,

MTD is period between start of the month and current date or date under consideration. In this case your MTD will not be 40, it will be 20 only if the date under consideration is 15th.

In case 5 conversions happen on 16th, and the date for MTD is 16th, your MTD will be 25.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanmeet

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey Raphael,

MTD is period between start of the month and current date or date under consideration. In this case your MTD will not be 40, it will be 20 only if the date under consideration is 15th.

In case 5 conversions happen on 16th, and the date for MTD is 16th, your MTD will be 25.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanmeet

Employee Advisor

I'm having trouble understanding where you're getting the 40 from. Can you elaborate on the calculations you use to get that number?