Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to create 95th percentile of average page load time?

Level 3

Hello,

I'd like to create a metric in Workspace with a 95th percentile of the average page load time to eliminate outliers. I tried to build the metric by myself but couldn't succeed.

Here is how I tried it:

In calculated metric builder, I inserted the percentile function.

1478860_pastedImage_1.png

I then dragged the metrics "page load time" and "occurences" and divided the former by the latter one. For k, I entered 95, as I want to find the 95th percentile.

1478876_pastedImage_2.png

The result for the whole time period was 1,676 msec which can't be correct. In the right column, the average page load time is displayed without the percentile function. As you can see, these values are varying.

1478885_pastedImage_5.png

Looking forward to your answers.

Kind regards

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You'd want to place the percentile function in an 'if' statement. Put the percentile in the compare operator, then the metric you want to measure in the value_if_true. For value_if_false, place the static number 0.

Let me know if you run into any issues getting this working!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You'd want to place the percentile function in an 'if' statement. Put the percentile in the compare operator, then the metric you want to measure in the value_if_true. For value_if_false, place the static number 0.

Let me know if you run into any issues getting this working!