Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to calculate the number of requests?

Level 1

Is there a formula for calculating the number of requests that are being sent to the Adobe Analytics API?  I am trying to pull down some data using Adobe Analytics 2.0 connector in Power BI and it is running very very slow. I read that the 2.0 API is throttled to 120 requests per minute. But how can I tell how many requests I am running?  

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

To check for API usage, you should be the owner of the API Project on console.adobe.io then you can find that from "Insights'

Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 5.17.31 PM.png

However, when you are referring to the Adobe Analytics connector in Power BI, it could be using an Adobe-owned API project and you have no access.

As a side note, API data access is always slow from my point of view, you can observe that from the AA Workspace and see those spinners if you have a huge project.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

To check for API usage, you should be the owner of the API Project on console.adobe.io then you can find that from "Insights'

Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 5.17.31 PM.png

However, when you are referring to the Adobe Analytics connector in Power BI, it could be using an Adobe-owned API project and you have no access.

As a side note, API data access is always slow from my point of view, you can observe that from the AA Workspace and see those spinners if you have a huge project.

Level 1

Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm not the API project owner. What I have found is more than 4 dimensions really slows things down by a lot. It's an unfortunate constraint I hope they fix.