Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

How to apply your segments to the adobe raw data feed?

Level 1

We are trying to build certain metrics from the adobe raw files that we export through the data feed. We have been successful in calculating visits and page views. But when we try to apply logic that we have in a segment (Ex: page = x OR page = y) we don't seem to get the same number of visits we see in adobe analytics. 

For Example: In adobe analytics, there's a segment called "Contact Us" and in the segment we have rules that include visit if page = x or prop1 = y

To calculate the same visits using adobe raw data feed, we use the following code, but it doesn't give us numbers that match when we see visits to that segment in adobe analytics:
SELECT count(distinct concat(post_vis_id_high,
post_vis_id_low,
CAST(visit_num AS VARCHAR),
CAST(visit_start_time_gmt AS VARCHAR)))Visits, date FROM "adobe_data_feed"
WHERE exclude_hit = 0
AND hit_source NOT IN (5,7,8,9))

AND (page = x OR post_prop1 = y)
group by date
order by date

2 Replies

Level 3

In data feeds, the "page" is called "pagename" so you probably want to use post_pagename.  I don't know why you have a field named "date".  The field in our datafeeds is "date_time" and it is set to the same date_time that our reportsuite is set to.  So we pull date(date_time) as dt when we need to group data by the same 'day' that we see in SiteCatalyst.  

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/data-feed-contents/data...

Level 1
Date is referenced from the date_time field from the data feed. I was not aware that page name also had a post_ version. I have replaced it with post_pagename but the numbers are still not matching with what we're seeing in adobe analytics.