Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to analyze using lid on JavaScript button action.

Level 1

I would like to know how to analyze using lid on JavaScript button action.

situation is like below.

There are 4 type of button action using Javascript.

please look at attached file(Adobe_question_20150703)
mark red text

We embed lid number using "on click"event(onclick="rb_addurlprm) in html source.  
1.Open (close) button +

2.Add form btn

3.calculate btn

4.Conditions change btn

Now we couldn't get log and button scroll action stopped due to S_CODE ”rb_addurlprm”
Because this type of JavaScript button action is Asynchronous Page transition.
Lid can't get such Behavior.

So, please let me know how to analyze such Asynchronous Page transition using Adobe Analytics.

Best Regards,
Kenji

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Appreciate your effort for putting the details. However, I do not see a s_code or s.t()/stl() call in the code. Can you specify where exactly you are calling the SiteCatalyst tracking function?

Since, I do not have access to the page, it would be hard for me to investigate. Please open a ClientCare incident so that on of the representatives can work with you over screen share session and get more insight to the issue.

-Khurshid

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

The first thing I would like to understand is LID. Can you please elaborate?

Looks like you are trying to pass lid to Adobe Analytics on "onclick" event on an input button. Let me know if I got it right.

Do you have a running example so that I can have more insight on the issue?

Thanks

Khurshid Alam

Level 1

Sorry to be late my reply.

LID is simple code to analyze page view and page transition.

The code added to page a link  like below.

<a href="/" onclick="rb_addurlprm(this, 'l-id', 'top_T_0701_0001_CO7')"><span>xxxxxx</span></a>

rb_addurlprm is Function to call Javascript in s_code.js.
this, 'l-id', 'top_T_0701_0001_CO7 is LID code

When visitor click the button that embed the l-id, that Function call s_code.js and then,lid cod
record SiteCatalist database.

This time we embed that lid code in button link that runs JQuery action to result calculation result automatically(not Page transition)

However lid code embed in button link didn't access to web server due to Asynchronous communication on JQuery.

So we couldn't get page access using  SiteCatalist.

If we observer web site log, we let webpage access to server to record the log file.

So please let me know,  How to analyze using lid on JavaScript button action.

BestRegards,

Kenji 

Employee Advisor

Just to make sure I understand it correctly, you are calling the function rb_addurlprm on button click which in turn calls s_code to fire image request. However, this is not working currently. Am I correct?

Can you share the URL where this functionality is implemented?

Level 1

Thank you for reply.

Your understanding is right.
Sorry this website is not opened site yet because of in development so that I can't share.

However,
I recently tried this program to get lid log using
custom_track.js.

When function cstom_rb_addurlprm ran on onclick, this program make iframe current own page and this included html into iframe page add lid code the end of url in webpage background.

Unfortunately, we couldn't observe this program. Maybe this J.s program can't communicate from s-code to SiteCatalist database.

------------------------------------------------------------
function cstom_rb_addurlprm( rb1, rb2, rb3 ){

var $ = jQuery;

var target = location.pathname + '?' + rb2 + '=' + rb3;
    //var target = "income_cttest.html" + '?' + rb2 + '=' + rb3;

$("body")
        .append("<iframe></iframe>")
        .find('> :last-child')
        .attr("src", target)
        .hide()
        .load( function(){
            //after loading delete iFrame
            $(this).remove();
        });

------------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards,
Kenji

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Appreciate your effort for putting the details. However, I do not see a s_code or s.t()/stl() call in the code. Can you specify where exactly you are calling the SiteCatalyst tracking function?

Since, I do not have access to the page, it would be hard for me to investigate. Please open a ClientCare incident so that on of the representatives can work with you over screen share session and get more insight to the issue.

-Khurshid