Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can I install Adobe Analytics/Report Builder on a user by user basis

Level 1

Hi,
I have recently been tasked with installing/setting up Adobe Report Builder on several machines, most of which are Dummy Terminals/Thin Clients that point to our Citrix environment. 

The installation is fine, I just run the EXE with a /S at the end to do it all silently, no problems there.

However I want to limit who can use this tool since not all our users need it, we use Appsense to provision shortcuts, or registry keys etc. In this case however, the registry item for this is just installed to HKLM and not HKCU. I have tried migrating it over but to no avail, is there a way to do this? 

What we want is by use of an AD group, we can add users who need access to this tool and not have to use extra resources/processing for our other users who use Citrix for their work.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ambrish

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You can specify user permission access on a per profile basis to Adobe ReportBuilder via Admin Console management within Adobe Analytics:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/groups.html

Best,

Brian

Groups

You can view, create, and edit groups that provide group members with specific permissions in the Marketing Cloud.

Analytics > Admin > User Management > Edit Groups

A group is a collection of users to which you can assign a common set of permissions and access rights. For example, if you have 50 users but only 20 need access to ad hoc analysis, you can create a group for it.

Pre-Defined Groups

Marketing reports provide the following pre-defined groups. You can add and remove members from these pre-defined groups, but you cannot edit the group permissions.

Administrators can also enable data warehouse reporting access to a group of users.

Group

Description

All Report Access

Grants group members access to all reports in all company report suites. This group cannot access administrative tools.

Ad Hoc Analysis License Users

Grants group members access to ad hoc analysis.

Excel License Users

Grants group members access to the ExcelClient.

Report Builder

Grants group members access to the report builder.

Web Service Access

Grants group members access to the Marketing Cloud's Web Services APIs.

Members of the Web Service Access group can access all reports in the specified report suites via the API regardless of permissions set for the interface.

Mobile App Admin

Grants users access to acquisition links and in-app messages in Adobe Mobile.

More...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

You can specify user permission access on a per profile basis to Adobe ReportBuilder via Admin Console management within Adobe Analytics:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/groups.html

Best,

Brian

Groups

You can view, create, and edit groups that provide group members with specific permissions in the Marketing Cloud.

Analytics > Admin > User Management > Edit Groups

A group is a collection of users to which you can assign a common set of permissions and access rights. For example, if you have 50 users but only 20 need access to ad hoc analysis, you can create a group for it.

Pre-Defined Groups

Marketing reports provide the following pre-defined groups. You can add and remove members from these pre-defined groups, but you cannot edit the group permissions.

Administrators can also enable data warehouse reporting access to a group of users.

Group

Description

All Report Access

Grants group members access to all reports in all company report suites. This group cannot access administrative tools.

Ad Hoc Analysis License Users

Grants group members access to ad hoc analysis.

Excel License Users

Grants group members access to the ExcelClient.

Report Builder

Grants group members access to the report builder.

Web Service Access

Grants group members access to the Marketing Cloud's Web Services APIs.

Members of the Web Service Access group can access all reports in the specified report suites via the API regardless of permissions set for the interface.

Mobile App Admin

Grants users access to acquisition links and in-app messages in Adobe Mobile.

More...